The CUNY Assessment Council is a University-wide group of assessment/institutional effectiveness leaders from the CUNY colleges.
The mission of the City University of New York (CUNY) Assessment Council is to foster a culture of assessment and evidence-based decision making within CUNY and among its constituent colleges by identifying, developing and communicating best practices in assessment.
Goals and Outcomes:
- Grow the capacity and role of the Assessment Council
- Facilitate coordination and communication among Council Members
- Create an environment that supports the professional development of Council Members
- Increase recognition of CUNY and its Assessment Council as a leader of assessment in Higher Education
- Offer guidelines, and provide resources that support assessment activities across CUNY
- Provide access to assessment resources for the CUNY community
- Provide opportunities to develop and improve awareness of and expertise in assessment across CUNY colleges
Members of the Council are the appointed (or recognized) leaders of assessment from each college. This includes those whose work involves overseeing, managing, or actively participating in the institutional effectiveness, assessment, or accreditation activities on their campuses.
Members of the council are expected to:
- Attend and actively participate in monthly meetings
- Share assessment resources and contribute knowledge via the Academic Commons and the Assessment Council Listserv
- Participate in brainstorming solutions to challenges faced by fellow Council members
- Assist in the planning and delivery of Assessment Council events
Melissa Sultana, Co-chair: Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org