Assessment 101 is an online, asynchronous course that introduces the basic principles of assessment in higher education, in order to educate and empower colleagues to engage in the assessment process. The course was created and sponsored by the CUNY-Wide Assessment Council as well as CUNY Central Office of Academic Affairs. The course is FREE for all CUNY employees and be can accessed anytime on Blackboard. Upon completing the course, participants will earn a certificate of completion.
- Demystify the assessment process
- Provide simple, easy to understand tools for building and implementing an assessment plan
- Support continuous improvement with a focus on student success and institutional effectiveness
CUNY Faculty, Administration, and Staff
Assessment 101 consists of nine modules. Each module ends with a brief quiz to reinforce the most important points of the module and to prepare participants for the next one. The course takes about an hour to complete.
The nine modules are:
- What is Assessment
- Assessment in Context
- Articulating our Mission and Goals
- Defining our Outcomes
- Mapping our Outcomes
- Understanding Assessment Methods
- Analyzing and Using Results
- Developing an Assessment Plan
Follow the instructions below to enroll in Assessment 101
- Log into Blackboard using your CUNY credentials
- On the top menu, click “Faculty & Staff Training”.
- Under “Assessment Resources” click “Assessment 101 Self-Paced Training”.
- Click +Enroll
- On the next screen, click ‘Submit” on the right lower corner.